DUSANKA JANJEVIC, MD., MSci., PhD
21 000 Novi Sad
Currently a locum Consultant in Anaesthesia with huge background in administering general anaesthesia on adult and children.
Special interest: AIRWAY Management, Pre-operative assessment, Mechanical ventilation, High Frequency Jet Ventilation.
Professional experience in Anaesthesia for ENT surgery, Head and Neck surgery, Maxillofacial surgery, Thyroid and Parathyroid surgery, Functional Endoscope Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, General surgery, Pediatric (airway) surgery. Experience with Jet ventilator Mistral, Acutronic and Twinstream-C.Reiner and ManuJet-VBM.
Skills: usage videolaryngoscope, awake fiberoptic intubation, placement of different kind of Supraglottic Airway Devices, usage bougie and intubation catheter, exchange catheter, crycothyrotomy (Ravussin needle and Manujet device), percutaneous tracheostomy.
- Medical Faculty;
- – 1991. Training in Anaesthesia and Intensive care;
- became the Anaesthetist-specialist;
- became the Anaesthetist-consultant;
- – 1999. Master Programme at the University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Medicine;
- received the MD Master Degree in Anaesthesia;
- started PhD studies at University of Belgrade, Faculty of Medicine, Serbia;
- received the PhD.
- Middlesex Hospital, ENT Department, London, (stay 1 year);
2004.Vienna Airway Symposium & Workshop/ ESJV (European Society of Jet Ventilation);
- Airway Symposium & Workshop/EAMS (European Airway Management Society), Padova;
- Difficult Airway Society Meeting & Workshop, Lille, France;
- ENT Airway Management & Workshop/ESJV, EAMS, London;
- JET ventilation meeting and Airway workshop, Heidelberg, Germany;
- EJVS meeting, Tampere, Finland;
2011.Training course in jet ventilation, Vienna;
- Became the official instructor for High Frequency Jet ventilation
(both approaches: infraglottic and supraglotica).
- Became ESA and EAMS instructor for cricothyroidotomy
Courses and Conferences
As Speaker and tutor at International Scientific Events
- Since 2009, involved as Tutor and Instructor for surgical cricothyrotomy, as a part of Difficult Airway Management Workshop, at PROPOSED by John Henderson, ( 2008 – Milan; 2009 – Kopenhagen; 2010 – Helsinki; 2011 – Amsterdam; 2012 – Paris;2013 – Barcelona; 2014 – Stockholm; 2015 – Berlin; 2016 – London) which is being held within ESA Annual
- The certificate holder “Master Airway Management” (ESA, Barcelona ,2013.)
- Course leader, in the continuing medical education (CME) of “Difficult Airway Management” at the Medical Faculty in Novi Sad (Serbia) supported by EAMS ( European Airway Management Society) since 2008;
- At proposal of EAMS, involved in planing and organisation the first Airway meetings in the period 2008-20012 in Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Croation, Albania..
- invited speaker at SHFJV( SupraImpose High Frequency Jet Ventilation) Workshop Vienna ( organized by C. Reiner);
- Invited Speaker and Faculty at many Airway Management Courses (supported by EAMS) in surrounding countries: Montenegro, Macedonia, Romania, Croatia, Albania, Turkey, Austria, etc.;
- Recent invitation. Since 2016. involved in Advance Cadaveric Airway Course, Ankara, Turkey, as tutor ( instructor) for “Emergency front-of-neck access” which is includes:
- Surgical crycothyroidotomy
- scalpel –bougie –tube technique
- placement of wide–bore cuffed tube through the crycothyroid membrane
- Needle crycothyroidotomy
kink-resistant cannula Ravussin
- Ogranization of major national scientific meetings.
Total Number of Papers in SCI list: 5
- Janjevic D, Dolinaj V, Piazza C, Jovic R, Kalezic N. Subglottic high frequency jet ventilation in surgical management of bilateral vocal fold paralysis after thyroidectomy. Acta Clin Croat 2012;51:451- 456;
- Jovic MR, Dragicevic D, Janjevic D et al. Laryngotracheal stenosis and restenosis. What has the influence on the find outcome? Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2012;269:1805-1811;
- Janjevic D. JV for difficult intubations and emergencies.Joint Papers on Jet Ventilation (ed. G.A.Baer). Tampere University Press, Tampere 2011, Finland, 58 p., ISBN 978-951-44-8488-9 http://tampub.uta.fi/tulos.php?tiedot=428;
- Jovic MR, Dragicevic D, Janjevic D. Surgical treatment of primary tracheal dyskinesia in a 14 month old child. Auris Nasus Larynx 2010;37:263-267;
- Jovancevic Lj, Georgalas Ch, Savovic S, Janjevic D. Gustatory Rhinitis. Journal Rhinology 2010; 48:7-10;
- Janjevic D, Jovic R. High Frequency Jet ventilation and laryngeal surgery, clinical practice. Med. pregled 2008;61: 57-61;
- Jovic MR, Janjevic D, Dragicevic D, Canji K. Difficulties and complications of using endo-extralaryngeal laterofixation of vocal cords in bilateral recurrent laryngeal nerve palsy. Med. pregled 2008;61(2):51-56;
- Dolinaj V, Milosev S, Jovanovic G, Andrijevic A, Lalic N, Janjevic D. Med Pregl 2018; LXXI (Suppl 1): 77-82.
- Milosev S, Dolinaj V, Radovanovic D, Kljajic V, Markovic N, Janjevic D. Tracheotomy and role of low positive pressure ventilation during preoxygenation in a patient with large laryngeal neuroendocrine carcinoma. Acta Med Croatica. 2018; 72 (Suppl 1): 93-8.
- Dolinaj V, Vrsajkov V, Plecas-Djuric A, Lazukic A, Milosev S, Kalezic N, Janjevic D. Percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy: technique of choice in ICU. The Third Belgrade Anaesthesia Forum. Proceedings of the 3rd multidisciplinary symposium; 2018 April 13th-15th; Belgrade, Serbia. Lajkovac: La-pressing; 2018. p. 72-81.
- Janjevic D, Dolinaj V. Invasive difficult airway management – is there a reason to fear for procedure performance. The Third Belgrade Anaesthesia Forum. Proceedings of the 3rd multidisciplinary symposium; 2018 April 13th-15th; Belgrade, Serbia. Lajkovac: La-pressing; 2018. p. 67-71.
- Janjević D, Dolinaj V. Anesteziološki aspekti tonzilarnog problema. U: Mitrović SM, urednik. Poremećaji funkcije i bolesti ždrela. Zbornik radova 5.-og multidisciplinarnog simpozijuma; 24. mart 2018.; Novi Sad, Srbija. Novi Sad: NS digiprint; 2018. s. 115-27.
- Janjevic D, Dolinaj V. Airway management in oedema and angioedema of the head and neck. In: Mitrovic SM, editor. Oedema and angioedema of the head and neck. Proceedings of the 4th multidisciplinary symposium; 2017 April 1st; Novi Sad, Serbia. Novi Sad: NS digiprint; 2017. p.153-62.
- Janjevic D, Dolinaj V, Milosev S, Kalezic N. Difficult airway management – what is new? In: Kalezic N. The Second Belgrade Anaesthesia Forum. Proceedings of the 2nd multidisciplinary symposium; 2017 April 21st-23rd; Belgrade, Serbia. Lajkovac: La-pressing; 2017. p. 17-20.
- Dolinaj V, Milosev S, Janjevic D. Laryngeal chondrosarcoma: successful use of video laryngoscope in anticipated difficult airway management. Acta Clin Croat. 2016;55 (Suppl 1):108-11.
- Marković D, Unić-Stojanović D, Jevđić J, Janjević D, Dolinaj V, Janković R. Mechanical Ventilation Modes. SJAIT 2014; 36: 43-50.
- Dolinaj V, Lončar T, Božić T, Karišik M, Marković D, Janjević D. Non-invasive Mechanical Ventilation. SJAIT 2014; 36: 97-102.
- Karišik M, Janjević D, Dolinaj V, Simić D, Mandraš A, Kalezić N. Airway Assessment in Pediatric Anaesthesia. SJAIT 2014; 36: 307-10.
- Janjević D, Janković RJ, Stamenković D, Dolinaj V. Opstrukcija gornjeg disajnog puta – kako prepoznati i rešiti? Anestezija i intenzivna terapija 2011; 33(1-2):129-34.
- Dolinaj V, Janjevic D. Postextubation complications following adenotonsillectomy: reinforced laryngeal mask airway vs. reinforced endotracheal tube. Shirgoska B, editor. Book of Proceedings 5th Congress of Macedonian Anesthesiologists; 2014 October 2-5; Ohrid, FYROM. Skopje: Next print; 2014. p.176-7.
- Lončar T, Janjević D, Dolinaj V. Supraglotična sredstva za obezbeđivanje disajnog puta u urgentnoj medicini. VI kongres urgentne medicine Srbije sa međunarodnim učešćem; 2009 oktobar 08-11; Subotica, Srbija; Zbornik sažetaka [CD ROM].
- Karisik M, Janjevic D, Sorbello M. Fiberoptic bronchoscopy versus video laryngoscopy in pediatric airway management. Acta Clin Croat. 2016;55 Suppl 1:51-4
- Board member of EAMS ( European Airway Management Society) from 2012 to 2016;
- Member of EAMS Advisory Committee (European Airway Management Society) since 2016.
- Honorary member of EAMS promoted in Catania, 2018.
- Since 2006. Council member of Serbia in EAMS ( European Airway Management Society) (eamshg.net);
- ESJV (esjv.org), member since 2005
Foreign Language: English (oral and written);